Cauliflower is like rice, it’s a blank slate waiting to be transformed. This roasted curry cauliflower dish is just one of those transformations. It soaks up the nutty flavor of the curry. Additionally, fresh garlic, scallion and sweetened cranberries, bring additional layers of flavor and sweetness.
This roasted curry cauliflower recipe is a simple side dish for any time of year but it’s a summer favorite at my house.
I toss the Cauliflower florets with 1 tsp of curry powder, 1 tbsp of olive oil and a sprinkle of onion powder, salt and black pepper. Then I roast them in a pre-heated oven at 420 degrees for 10 minutes. Roasting is quick and easy and transforms the cauliflower into an elegant side dish.
Don’t over roast the cauliflower, keep a little crunch. So set a timer or keep an eye on these. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and add in fresh garlic, scallion and toss again. Return to oven for 2 more minutes.
The reason why I didn’t add the garlic and scallion in the beginning was to prevent them from burning in the oven. After all you want to have those flavors fresh in the salad, not bitter.
Finally, complete this dish by removing it from the oven and adding green peas that have been slightly thawed. Adding slightly thawed green peas will cool down the cauliflower and specifically stop it from cooking.
My kids love anything with sweetened cranberries so I sprinkle a few on top and it’s ready to eat! For additional texture you can also add roasted pecans.
What are some ways you dress up cauliflower? Comment below and share.
For more side dishes, check out this summer favorite, watermelon salad with cucumber and fresh mint.
Roasted Curry Cauliflower
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 Head Cauliflower -cut into pieces
- 1 Tsp Curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic -grated
- 1 Stalk Scallion -chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen green peas -thawed slightly
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened cranberries *optional
- 1/4 Cup Roasted pecan *optional
- Sprinkle Salt, pepper and onion powder
- Sprinkle Lime or lemon juice
- Pre-Heat Oven to 420°.
- Toss together cauliflower, curry powder, extra virgin olive oil, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Roast in pre-heated oven at 420° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add, garlic, half of scallion, and return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add slightly thawed green peas and sprinkle with a little lime or lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with sweetened cranberries and/or pecans. Serve immediately.
- You need to pre-heat your oven so that the cauliflower will roast and not cook.
Check us on Instagram and Facebook for daily postings.